Monday, July 20, 2009

Strange New Habit

I've developed a new habit since moving to Virginia. I probably shouldn't mention it on a forum like a blog, but I feel the need to confess that I've started... reading a newspaper.

I know, I know, in the 21st century, nobody reads newspapers anymore. The whole paradigm of yesterday's news printed on dead trees is, like, so 1900's. But, the Washington Post was offering a pretty good deal if you signed up for daily delivery, so we did. Our plan was to just get the Sunday paper, but now we're getting one practically every day.

Some mornings I don't get around to opening it (preferring instead to, say, write a blog post over breakfast). But some mornings I do read it, and you know what? I like it...

3 comments:

dad said...

Hi Dan: I still like and read (a)newspaper every day... of course with the local Plattsburgh paper, that only takes 5 min or so....it's really thin...sunday's paper takes longer (10 to 15 min,,, and then 30 min on the sports section... only kidding...I still like a newspaper because it is consise and in one place... I guess I'm old-fashioned .... Dad

tp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tp said...

I read it for the one inch columns. Although that is true, the art of newspaper composition is the high speed art of thinking ahead, then acting on it. It pleases me to think that once everyone had this skill.