Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Exploring The World

I LOVE playing around with my fuzzy little camera phone. It's nothing fancy, in terms of pixels or resolution or ability to maintain focus, but it's got to be one of my favorite pieces of technology ever. The ability to easily take digital photos is something I think I've always wanted to be able to do. It's better than my iPod (probably 'cause I have a first-generation iPod Shuffle, which is cool, but not as cool as my camera phone)

Anyway, while driving back from NY over the holidays, I was sitting in the passenger seat with my phone on and one leg bent in an unusual angle, and this image came across the screen: 

I just really liked the curves and shadows, the textures and the whole vibe. So, taking a cue from Keri Smith's fantastic book "How To Be An Explorer of the World," (go buy it, please!), I took the shot and began looking around for other opportunities to take interesting little photos from the front seat of the van. Here's the result:




And just to mix things up, I took this one from out the side window, of my favorite mountain wall along I-87:



2 comments:

Deb said...

Great ones.....how fun!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I really like that first one... :)