Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ingrid Michaelson

One of the things I love about living in Dayton is WYSO, the local public radio station. They have this crazy music show called Excursions, which has introduced me to all kinds of cool music, including current fav The Real Tuesday Weld.

I recently heard "The Way I Am," by Ingrid Michaelson and was quite taken. It's a catchy little tune, and the line about "I'll buy you rogaine when you start losing all your hair" totally cracked me up (and made me think of my lovely wife who, ahem, made me a similar offer).

Apparently the song (or a part of it) was used in an Old Navy commercial this past fall, but since I never watch tv commercials, I missed it Seriously, Kim & I always mute the commercials and talk to each other when we're watching tv, unless it's a recording, in which case we speed past them... unless it's Jeeves & Wooster or Masterpiece Theater from PBS, which doesn't have commercials... so yeah, I never see commercials. Well, except for those "I'm a Mac/ I'm a PC" commercials - we'll go off mute for those.

But back to Ingrid Michaelson. If you're looking for catchy, well-written indie-pop with clever lyrics, check her out.

No comments: