Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What I'll Miss...

When we move to VA in a few weeks, I think one of the things I'll miss most about Ohio (aside from having so much free time!) is the local NPR station, WYSO.

Specifically, I'll miss the Excursions radio show, hosted by Niki Dakota. This show has introduced me to so much cool music. Without them, I doubt I ever would have heard of The Real Tuesday Weld (I have 3 RTW CD's now), The Pierces, The Transglobal Underground's Drinking in Gomorroah, or Taller Children, by Elizabeth and the Catapult.

Yes, I'll still have Pandora, and that's introduced me to some cool new music (I think that's where I found Azure Ray). But it's not the same as hearing Niki Dakota talk about this stuff.

I know they stream the station live online, but I'm pretty sure streaming music is going to be blocked at my new office location.

No comments: