Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas Update, pt 1


I'm back!

Christmas break was great fun, and we really enjoyed our time visiting family in NY (both NYC and w-a-y upstate). Got to do loads of fun things, like see the Rockettes Christmas show, sledding on "Fox Hill" in Plattsburgh, got snowed on, and even got to experience a genuine "today's high will be 6 degreed (F)" kind of day. And now we're back in Ohio, heading out to school shortly.

One other thing we did was visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art (aka The Met) in New York City. Very cool place, and we only got to see a tiny fraction of what's there. We'll go back again when the kids are older and see more. But here's the funny thing. I wrote about The Met in my third Boomer Sister book (The Boomer Sisters In The City), even though I'd never been there (the internet is a wonderful thing). I specifically mentioned the statue of Hercules pictured here, so it was cool to finally meet him in person.

The same thing happened with my second book (The Boomer Sisters Meet Champy) - I didn't get a chance to visit the ECHO Lake Aquarium until after the book was finished (and in both cases I seriously underdescribed the places). Apparently, if I visit these places before I write about them, I can consider it "research" and use it as a tax write-off. Oh well - it was fun anyway.

I hope you had a great Christmas and have a very happy new year!

No comments: