Monday, January 7, 2008

Day 1: A Dream Come True!

Today was my first day of classes, as you can tell by this post's title, it was a dream come true. Unfortunately, it was this dream.

I showed up at 0830 for my first class... which actually started at 0800 (I read my schedule wrong). But that was OK, because it turns out I was the only one who had signed up for the class... so the instructor decided we weren't going to do it anyway.

So... instead of spending 90 minutes learning about "Ecology, Limnology and Natural Resources" and using my Ecological Biology For Engineers textbook (which I now hope I can return!), I grabbed a course catalog and a printout of all the courses being offered this quarter, and found a replacement class (Computer Networking, offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays).

My next class was at 11:00, and when I got to the classroom 5 minutes early, nobody was there. I checked that handy printout from the previous paragraph, and discovered the class had moved to a different room - in a different building! That was so much fun, I did the exact same thing (wrong building, wrong room) two hours later with my 1:00 class, but that time several classmates were with me. Good thing that first class was canceled, or I wouldn't have had that printout and wouldn't have known where to go for 11:00 or 1:00! (You'd think I would have checked the 1:00 class location after the 11:00 snafu, but apparently I'm not good with numbers...)

And, just like in my dream, I was indeed fully dressed the whole time. Here's hoping for a smoother day tomorrow.

No comments: