Monday, May 12, 2008

Cop On Segway

While I was waiting in the airport in Florida, I saw a police officer zip past on a Segway Personal Transport(tm). Well, zip is probably the wrong word - more like "mosey."

The funny thing is, the airport is TINY. It was so small, in fact, and the Segway seemed so unnecessary, that I actually put my book down and paced off the distance.

From end to end, it took me 107 steps, which I completed at a leisurely pace in less than a minute. Now, I could see patrolling LAX with a Segway, but Ft. Walton Beach Airport? Really? I think the guy spent more time waiting for the elevator (cause he couldn't take the stairs) than he actually saved by riding the device. And yes, if you're wondering, the cop was more-than-slightly on the pudgy side. I wonder why...

1 comment:

Deb said...

That's hilarious!