Thursday, May 8, 2008

On The Road Again

Many years ago, while working working on my first master's degree, I began a little project we now know as "The Radical Elements of Radical Success."

I was studying organizational behavior, reading books by Tom Peters, and generally discovering the grown-up world of work. Over the course of 5 years, I wrote a book which (much to my surprise) continues to sell, for reasons which are entirely mysterious to me.

I also created a Radical Elements briefing. It lasts a little over an hour and it opened a lot of doors for me. I got job offers, I met some cool people, I got to brief some senior members of the intelligence community. I even had a regular gig with my agency's in-house "School of Leadership" for a couple years. I long ago lost track of how many times I've given it (30 times? 50? more?), and I'm sure I'll do it again in the future.

But tomorrow, a new chapter begins. I'm going to Florida to give a new presentation, with a new book. This presentation is titled "FIST: Fast, Inexpensive, Simple and Tiny." I've previously mentioned The FIST Handbook, and I've got a stack of copies to hand out while I'm down there. I've already got my second FIST gig lined up here in Ohio for later in the month.

It will be interesting to see where this leads...

No comments: