Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Green Pens

Every once in a while, I buy a green pen and use it for everything.

It's not because I particularly like the way the green ink looks (I actually prefer black). But I like the differentness of writing in green. It stands out, it reminds me that there are options beyond the standard black-or-blue. Green doesn't have the jarring, corrective feel of red, and it's much easier to read than yellow (and doesn't have the girly feel of purple - no offense to the artist once again known as Prince).

So, I've got a green pen now. I'm using it to take notes in class, to sign official documents, to make lists, and to otherwise fulfill my writing needs. I'll go back to black in a few weeks, no doubt, but for now, my writing is all green...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI, for the past few years, the artist who was originally known as Prince, and then as The Artist Formerly Known as Prince, has been known once again as Prince (back to basic purple I guess).

Unknown said...

Yeah, I think that's what I said... "the artist once again known as Prince," right?

RhetTbull said...

Good for you! I've been using a green pen for years for editing/proofreading/notes precisely because it's different. It is has less negative connotation than a red pen, which I find is helpful when proofing someone else's work. My favorite is the Pilot G2 gel pen.