Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Book Idea Now???

Oh no, I just got an idea for a new book. Right, like I need another one of those right now.

I just started writing the fourth Boomer Sisters book, and pledged my sacred honor to finish it by the end of the month (more or less). This new book idea won't nudge current projects onto the back burner, no worries, but it's kinda lousy timing, don't ya think?

In case you're curious, it would be a sort of sequel / companion to my Simplicity Cycle book. The draft title is How To Simplify. It would look at a variety of techniques, tools, methods and approaches to move a design along the simplification slope (download the free Simplicity Cycle PDF at the link above if you don't know what the simplification slope is). I envision it as sort of a practical, somewhat technical, how-to approach, as compared with the more philosophical Simplicity Cycle.

I think it would be fun to write. A quick search of Google and Amazon shows that the title isn't taken! There are plenty of near matches - How To Simplify Your Life, How To Simplify Your Love, How to Simplify Your Finances (and Your Golf and Your Closet and everything else). But I couldn't find one simply titled How To Simplify.

I might be on to something here...

No comments: