Sunday, August 23, 2009

Book Update

The Helper In The Sun is coming along nicely. It just transitioned into the second phase of the story, in which our hero (Skyler) finds herself in an entirely different part of the Sun than the part she originally encountered.

I won't spoil anything by giving details or anything, but I will say this is a very different kind of environment to write about. The type & style of action is going to change too. I'm looking forward to it... and I'm also discovering some forshadowing & imagery that wasn't deliberate, but is nearly undeniable now that I see it. Funny how that happens.

As for the writing process itself, I started out writing directly on the laptop, but after about 5 pages, I returned to my beloved spiral notebooks. Writing the story by hand and then typing it basically forces a rewrite - the typing process ends up being much more than a mere transcription.

So, this means I probably won't get around to posting many excerpts until the full story is written (unless I decide to start doing some more typing before the first draft is done). Or maybe I'll occasionally type up a page or two and put it here. We'll see...

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I'm really looking forward to this new book! Happy writing!