Friday, August 28, 2009

Three Clicks!

So I started a little ad campaign for The Boomer Sisters Meet Champy, using Google's AdWords. They offered me a free $100 credit to get things started, so I figured I'd give it a try.

On the first day, my ad got over 9800 impressions (showings), and three clicks.

How cool is that? Almost ten thousand people saw the ad, and three people clicked on it. Total cost so far: 23 cents. I still have $99.77 of my credit left. Ok, I also had to pay $5 to start the account and activate my credit. But still, that's not bad.

BTW, the ad says:

Champ Book for Kids
Adventure & Mystery
On Lake Champlain

It'll be interesting to see if this leads to someone actually buying the book!

1 comment:

Gabe said...

So fill me in...how and when do you pay. I was interested in doing something dimilar to this on FACEBOOK, but got scared away when it stated you pay by the click through or the impression. How do they gauge impression and when do they decide? Also, does Google pull the ad once you've used up your money, or is you're ad just out there for a certain time period and your left to foot the bill regardless of how high it goes?