Saturday, November 8, 2008

B4 Teaser

The fourth book in the Boomer Sisters series is almost all typed up and will certainly be ready for Christmas. I'd like to title it "The Boomer Sisters And The Pirates of Lake Champlain," and just need to figure out how to fit all that on the cover. And speaking of cover - I just received the cover artwork and it's awesome.

Here's a little teaser:

“Hurry, hurry, they’re getting closer!” BJ shouted. The huge pirate ship was slowly turning, pointing its prow directly at the smaller craft. BJ could see the words Royal Savage painted in gold letters on the ship’s side. Jekka grabbed her camera and took pictures as the ship got closer.

When Air Force Blue’s engine roared to life, Royal Savage was close enough the girls could see figures walking on its deck and climbing through its rigging. The lake had turned a fierce gray color and strong winds blew surprising clouds overhead. The waves were much larger now and capped with white foam.

“Hold on everyone!” Pop Pop shouted, then his boat shot forward, towards the north end of the island.

A loud explosion erupted from Royal Savage, followed by a big splash near Air Force Blue.
“They’re shooting their cannons at us!” Pop Pop said. “Time for some fancy boat work.”

He zig-zagged his boat from side to side, kicking up big sprays. Cannonballs continued to hit the water around them…

10 comments:

Deb said...

OH....how fun and that Pop Pop sure sounds like one really cool fella! :)

Kim said...

I was just logging in to make the same comment. That Pop Pop has some fancy moves! :) Can't wait to read it, Dan.

Eileen said...

I hope everyone has their life-vests on! I can't wait to read this latest adventure!

Andrew G. Duncan said...

I want to read it. I'll have to ask Sue and Dave for this as a Christmas present.

Unknown said...

I'm sure we can hook you up!

Passante said...

Dan,

Have you looked into an agent to get these books into the hands of a commercial publisher? I don't know how you'd go about that, but I think C.S. on the magazine does.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've thought about it but haven't done much work in that direction yet. I've got some friends who have publishing deals with commercial publishers, and every once in a while I throw out some feelers, looking for an agent (but getting an agent is really the first step). Maybe now that there are 4 in the series...

Passante said...

When you're famous can I say I knew you way back when? Huh? Can I, can I? Huh?

Seriously, do it. Your books are good. A lot of crap is published, and I think it's your duty to American youth to inject quality into the cesspool. Not that I'm guilt-tripping you or anything, And OK, yes, there are good books published too. Which brings me right back to this: Yours should be several of them!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan: that 'teaser' from your latest book is great.... I wan't to read your next book to find out more about this mysterious 'Pop-Pop' guy with "these great moves"... Pop-Pop.... (aka Dad)

Unknown said...

Thanks! And for Passante, your comment gets me thinking again about putting out some feelers for an agent. This time, I just might...