Friday, November 14, 2008

Not Funny?

Like many Americans, I sort of rediscovered Saturday Night Live during the recent election. Amy Pohler and Tina Fey totally crack me up. But you know who doesn't crack me up? The guy who plays Obama.

He's just not all that funny. It's probably not his fault (I blame the writers). I'm not sure what that says about the actor or SNL or the writers or the president elect or maybe it says something about American society. But there's something a little strange about an unfunny SNL portrayal of a prominent politician. It's a bit unsettling, although I can't quite put my finger on what exactly the problem is, but apparently there's quite a buzz in the comic community about his election being bad for business.

A friend of mine mentioned the same thing on her blog, quoting a recent Larry King interview of Bill Maher.

We shall see...

1 comment:

Tori said...

hey dan, i'm waaaay behind on reading blogs, what with my new job and all! funny, i was reading your post and thought, hey, i think i posted about that! then i kept reading YOUR post. lol. i was WONDERING why my hits had gone up on that one page in particular recently.... thx for the shout out.