Monday, November 3, 2008

Mustard & Cola

Bollywood musicals are amazing, beautiful works of art - there's something downright magical about the way these performers sing and dance, particularly in large groups (and yeah, they can be pretty cheesy too). I love seeing these music videos in Indian restaurants ('cause really, where else would I see them?).

Naturally there's a group of jokesters on YouTube who added "subtitles" to some of these songs, based on the English words it sounds like the performers are saying. Holy cow, I almost wet myself watching a video titled "May He Poop". You just need to watch it for yourself.



The other really funny thing about this is all the commentors on YouTube, complaining about how the translation "isn't even close" or "makes no sense." Um, yeah...

(I discovered this over at a blog by a Yellow Springs, OH artist who goes by JafaBrit.


5 comments:

Kim said...

This is so great!

jafabrit said...

LOL, that was funny, and it does sound like that is what she is singing. I enjoyed the video. I miss the days my daughter and I would sit and watch indian music videos Sat mornings when we lived in New Jersey.

thanks for the shout out :)

jafabrit said...

If you ever want to have a peek at the art scene in yellow springs, check out the yellow springs arts council blog.
http://ysarts.blogspot.com/

Passante said...

That is hysterical -- though the mustard bit got a little, shall we say, uncomfortable, on the eighth or ninth repetition!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link to the YSart scene blog, Jafabrit!

And yes, passante, the lyrics got a bit repetitive after a while, but that's true in either language, eh? :)