Thursday, March 6, 2008

Need More Coffee...

Early this morning, shortly after finishing the previous blog post and moments before I planned to walk out the door and take my youngest to school, I cleverly and elegantly executed a perfectly planned, much anticipated and well-thought-out maneuver that strategically relocated a significant amount of coffee directly onto the keyboard of my laptop... my beautiful, handy, highly addictive Mac book.

Well, the mac powered itself off while I scrambled to mop up the coffee with the last two paper towels in the house. My daughter looked up with great concern in her big green eyes and said "Uh-oh, Daddy, now you'll have to make more coffee." As you might imagine, her observation helped my mood quite a bit.

So... the laptop is drying out. I don't know if it survived the encounter. I'm going to try to turn it on tomorrow morning. And since it was issued by my office, we're pretty sure their maintenance agreement / warranty will cover the repair/replace - just not sure how long that will take, if it's necessary.

And oh, what a gut wrenching feeling it was to see all that lovely coffee go to waste!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Dan! I would have died a thousand deaths! Here's hoping that your MAC wakes up happy and healthy tomorrow morning.

Unknown said...

Yeah, major bummer! I tried it this morning and... it's dead. So we'll see what the maintenance / warranty thing can do for me...

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the wasted coffee! Best of luck getting it all fixed. :(

Gabe said...

So that's what happened to your MAC. Dude, I'm SO SORRY! Maybe this whole "store all you stuff in the internet cloud" has something to it.