Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Finish Lines

Yesterday, I finished the first draft of my fourth kid's novel, The Boomer Sisters And The Pirates. Whoo-hoo!

As with all my books, I really enjoyed writing it, but I must say, it feels SO GOOD to be done. Now all I have to do is type it up, edit it, polish it, pass it along to my wonderful illustrator Mandy, incorporate the illustrations (once they're done - no rush, Mandy), and  hopefully have it all put together in time to get a nice-looking, professional copy ready to put under the tree for Christmas. Even the super-fast self-publishing route takes some time, as  you can see.

The other finish line up ahead is the Air Force half marathon. The race is on Sept 20th, and as with the writing, I've really (mostly) enjoyed the training, I'm super glad I'm doing it, and it will feel SO GOOD  to be done.

I've been a runner pretty consistently since I was 15, but I think I'm going to take a break after the half marathon is over. My legs and knees are surprisingly fine, but my brain is a little bit burned out on running. Well, maybe not all running, but certainly the uncivilized distances I've been doing lately. Perhaps I'll pick up racquetball again. That would be nice.

Yes, it's the journey that matters, but finish lines are beautiful things, aren't they?

No comments: