Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Countdown to 1,000!

I just noticed that my book The Simplicity Cycle has been downloaded 994 times! How cool is that! I'm pretty excited to see it approach the 1,000 downloads milestone. I'll let you know when that happens.

It's funny to think there are 1,000 downloaded copies of my crazy little design book floating around out there, presenting my ideas and observations on complexity, simplicity and design. One thousand times someone clicked that download button and said "Sure, I'll take one."

Who are these people? How did they hear about the book? How many of them actually read it? How many of them passed it along to someone else? Did they find the book helpful? Would they still have downloaded it if it wasn't free?

These are questions I know will never be answered (except that last one - I'm sure that even if I only charged 50 cents for the download, I'd be nowhere near 1,000 downloads. Probably closer to a dozen).


No comments: