Friday, December 19, 2008

My Super Power

I've been a fan of superheros for as long as I can remember. Comic books, movies, tv shows - it's all good. Naturally, I often wondered what it would be like to have a superpower, or what kind of superpower I might have.

Well, it turns out I do have a superpower, albeit a modest one. And now, I'm ready to come out of the phonebooth, so to speak, and announce my superpower to the world. Here goes: when people have the hiccups, hugging me makes them go away (the hiccups, not the people).

That's right, I'm a hiccup healer. I'm still working on a super name (I'm open to suggestions).

Now, so far I've only done this for my wife and kids. It's possible my superpower only works if you are married to me or are one of my daughters. I haven't really tested my ability very widely, so I can't say for sure.

But if the world is ever threatened by the evil Doctor Hiccup (you know, the guy who has the ability to induce hiccups in people), I'm ready to thwart his nefarious plans...

No comments: